Refereeing theory workshop(s)

Ideas, suggestions and discussion on Scottish Korfball Development; includes player, coach, referee, youth and club development.

Moderator: Ian Volante

Refereeing theory workshop(s)

Postby Nigel Cooper » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:53 am

The SKA are looking to run at least one of these this season... who would like to participate (when and where)? Please let me know, either by posting a reply on here, or by email to development at scotlandkorfball dot co dot uk.

[The likely outcome, in the absence of any requests or demands from elsewhere, is that we'll sneak one in up in Dundee sometime over the next 6-8 weeks. From then on, we can hopefully "roll it out" quite easily to other venues as and when demand arises... ]
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Re: Refereeing theory workshop(s)

Postby Michael Nicholson » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:06 pm

I'm in for Dundee (though I will have to actually start practicing some reffing at our sessions soon...).
Development Officer | Scottish Korfball Association
Michael Nicholson
Site Admin

Postby Nigel Cooper » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:14 pm

The latest update on this is that the first workship is likely to happen at Ed Uni within the next few weeks. We'll post the date and advertise as soon as we book a suitable venue. The level of interest expressed is fairly weak (EU 6-8, EC 1, S 3, G 2, D 3, EM 0), but I'm still convinced that it's a job worth doing. :)
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Postby Nigel Cooper » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Venue & time now confirmed: 3:00-5:30pm on Sunday, Febraury 3, 2013 in the Sports' Union building at Edinburgh University (Club Rooms 1 and 2, on the ground floor at: 48 Pleasance, Edinburgh, EH8 9TJ).
Contact myself (development at scotlandkorfball dot co dot uk) or Ella Paul to book your place.
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Postby Nigel Cooper » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:30 pm

And the outcome?...
Excellent! Ten more theory qualified refs. And you can read that whichever way you like (cos some of us had qualified already, but all of us are more theory qualified now). Congratulations (and thank you's) to Michael, Steve, Ian, Tash, Erwin, Jem, Jill, Louise, Jamie, and (most of all) Ella.
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Return to Development