Summer Tournaments, 2014

Ideas, suggestions and notifications of events; includes competitions, leagues, tournaments, socials and one-off events.

Moderator: Ian Volante

Summer Tournaments, 2014

Postby Nigel Cooper » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:34 pm

In a desperate attempt to kick start this forum, here's a repeat of something I asked last year....

Just wondering what everyone's opinions / expectations are on Summer Tournaments this coming year - 2014.

Dundee intend to host another one, but what did people think about the timing last year - i.e. running it the day after the Saint's Beach Tourny? Was that a good/bad idea, and should we try to do it again?

How many other clubs are thinking about holding a tourny, and when? (I suspect that Mavs will be up for a repeat of their Mania event... is that true?) It would be nice to keep all of the events coordinated, if we can, so please advertise your thoughts and intentions here.
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Re: Summer Tournaments, 2014

Postby Nigel Cooper » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:32 pm

I've heard back from Connor at Saints, who is in favour of having Dundee Day the same weekend as Saints Beach tourny again. As Saints are planning their tourny for Saturday, May 24th, that means Dundee Day will be Sunday, May 25th. I'll add in a date for a weekend tournament up in Oban as soon as a few more people start to show an interest. :)
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Postby Nigel Cooper » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:37 pm

So now I've heard that Northern Storm are definitely holding a tournament on June 21st, and Mavs are planning to repeat their Mania event at a somewhat later date. Any advances on that (City, Glasgow, Perth?). Oban is very much "on hold" - i.e. all has gone quiet for the time being!

So, currently:
Saints beach tourny = Saturday, May 24th. korfball@saints-sport.com
Dundee Day = Sunday, May 25th. tourny@dundee.korfball.org.uk
Storm in a Teacup = Saturday, June 21st. lee.guest@stormkorfball.com
Mavs Mania = date TBC
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Postby Nigel Cooper » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Perth will be holding their first korfball tournament on Sunday August 24th, from 11am to 4pm at Bells Sports Centre in Perth. The event is open to teams of four players, and will probably consist of an 8-team round-robin of 15 minute matches at 20 minute intervals. Entry will be £16 per team (or £4 per player), assuming that those people who've said they're likely to come actually turn up on the day. Further details and updates available on Perth's facebook (event): https://www.facebook.com/events/1450091 ... 2&source=1
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Return to Events & Competitions