What's this all about? (notes on how to use this forum)

A sandpit for all the stuff that just doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: Ian Volante

What's this all about? (notes on how to use this forum)

Postby Nigel Cooper » Wed May 30, 2012 10:44 pm

Well, we're hoping that this will be a useful tool for improving Scottish Korfball... not in the way that the game is played, but in the way that it's organised and developed.
Please feel free to register yourselves, and start posting any ideas or suggestions, and contributing to discussions just as soon as you'd like.
The only suggestion that I'm going to start off with is that you use your real name as your username. It's not compulsory, but my own view is that if people use their real names, it will help to keep things friendly and open. If anyone desperately wants to post something anonymously, they can always contact one of the administrators (like me) and ask us to do post it for them. Hope that makes sense.
Happy posting.
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Re: What's this all about? (notes on how to use this forum)

Postby Nigel Cooper » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:59 pm

Just a little add-on about registration:-
Due to the number of obvious spammers that there out there, we're going to have to activate each user's account manually... so there may be a little delay in between you first registering to use the forum and you first being able to post a new topic or reply on it. Sorry about that. But if the delay seems a little long to you (e.g. it gets to more than 24 hours), please send me an email (to nigel at korfball dot org dot uk) to chase the matter up. Thanks.
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Re: What's this all about? (notes on how to use this forum)

Postby Nigel Cooper » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 pm

OK, so the spammers seem to be winning so far... but we do have one final solution to try:-
As of now, if you'd like to become a registered user of the forum, please just send me an email (to nigel@korfball.org.uk) and let me know. I'll try my best to get you set up within a few hours, but please forgive me if I get a bit lazy.
Nigel Cooper
Site Admin

Return to General